Corporate Office/Illinois Plant

5000 41st Street Ct. Moline, IL  61265

Por español piden a Luis en ext. 222

  • WBENC
  • NAFA
  • QC Chamber of Commerce

History

Smith Filter Corporation was started by Orbin Smith and his son Glenn in 1939. There were four employees who manufactured metal mesh filters for local businesses and schools. Roger Smith, Glenn’s son, took over the company in 1965 and built it into a multi-million dollar manufacturing plant. During this time, Roger acquired a disposable filter company and also began to manufacture disposable filters.

Jana Smith Lecander, the eldest daughter, started working full time after graduating from Luther College in 1983. Sharilyn Smith Solis, the youngest daughter, joined the company in 1985 and Jim Solis, Sharilyn’s husband, began working at Smith Filter in 1989.

For 55 years, the original plant was located in downtown Moline on the Mississippi River. When Moline decided to beautify the riverfront in 1994, Smith Filter built an 85,000 sq. foot building, in Moline’s Industrial Park, located on the Rock River. Within five years, a second 20,000 sq. foot building was built next to the existing building to house the growing disposable division.

Jana and Sharilyn took over the ownership of the company January, 2013. Sadly, Roger passed away August, 2013. He had colon cancer and courageously fought it for 4 years.

In November, 2013, Smith Filter received the “woman owned” certificate. This certification will benefit Smith Filter’s customers through government contracts and other minority requirements.

Smith Filter Corporation has been in business over 75 years. Our goal is to continue building the best quality filter product at the most competitive price. We plan on continuing the company for many years to come and will do that with the same business ethics and integrity we have always had. It’s just our way of doing business.

 

History